There’s always excitement tied to travel. No matter how many times you’ve boarded a plane, there’s another destination waiting for you, perhaps someone you haven’t seen in a long time, your home, or even something more mundane as a business meeting. Many would love to have traveling as a major part of their daily lives. It can do wonders, as it opens your eyes to new things, new places, and new possibilities.
However, most of us detest the step right before we get there: the stressful preflight routine. From making sure the plane tickets are booked, getting there on time, finding the right terminal, and then the actual monotone airplane trip, few pay attention to what they should wear. Even the frequent travel can make mistakes and not know about a few basic rules. Here are a couple of tips to make sure that you will go through all the hassle being comfortable and looking stylish at the same time.
The Right Shoes
Needless to say, you will be doing a lot of walking, and it can wear out your feet. You need to find the perfect shoes that are a wonderful blend of comfort and style. Instead of opting for a pair of high heels that solely make your legs look spectacular, go for strappy sandals, comfy flats, or even fashionable sneakers to make the preflight routine easier. The pain in your feet will not help at all with the usual hassle, and it can become a nightmare.
The Right Bag
Whether you are traveling on your own, with a friend, your partner, or even your family, you will need a reliable carry-on. Simple essentials, such as your phone, passport, and wallet, have to be with you at all times. That doesn’t mean you can’t do it in style. There are some feminine leather & canvas bags that will both look good and be more than enough to remain practical. Especially if you’re traveling with your child, you won’t feel bad if their sippy cup spills or it gets damaged.
The Right Sunglasses
Unless you’re going somewhere famously known for its lack of sunny days, you need to take a pair of sunglasses. In fact, just make sure you have one at hand even if you’re heading for destinations with cloudy weather. They’re a staple for every traveler, and you can always put them in your bag or let them dangling on top of your head should you not need them. Make sure to find the right type of sunglasses that match your face shape and there’s nothing stopping you from looking stylish and cool.
The Right Accessories
Never underestimate the incredible touches that accessories can add to your outfit. Something as simple as a watch can change the outlook of your attire. However, when traveling, you need to keep a few tips in mind. While you can easily go for a stylish watch with plenty of embellishments, do not stack your arms with bracelets, and you may as well forget about earrings. They will be detrimental to your comfort. Opt for subtle touches, such as a thin necklace to enhance your neckline and a beautiful watch to subtly complement your outfit.
These are just a few tips to keep in mind when you travel by airplane, but we are sure firsthand experiences will teach you even more. Don’t be afraid to share them with us, and let us know what other tricks you’ve found useful to make the preflight routine more comfortable!
You don’t have to be Carrie Bradshaw to understand the importance of shoes in a woman’s life. We all know we never have enough of them, and we all know some can be worn daily, while others are meant to wait patiently in the dressing for THAT special occasion. But one particular pair of shoes rises among all the others: the nude shoes. Along with the classic high heeled black stilettos, the nude shoes are mandatory for any woman who wants to achieve perfection.
As versatile and timeless as the black heels or the little black dress, the nude shoes are a staple, a statement and a go-to piece of footwear which can be worn in any environment and with any outfit. Today we will talk about nude shoes and see why you should own at least a pair and how you should wear them for a fabulous effect. Look no further, as we have plenty of tips, tricks and styling recommendations for you to rock those nudes and turn into a red carpet diva!
1. Why Wear Nude Shoes?
Let’s take a pair of high heeled peep toe platform nude shoes as an example, as it is summer and you need comfy, stylish heels to rock your outfits. Nude shoes come with immense benefits for all women:
- Because of their creamy beige skin tone color, they will make you look taller – if you are a petite woman you will need these to look naturally taller, as the shoes come as an extension of your feet.
- Also because of their color (or lack thereof), they make your feet look slimmer – while you appear like walking on thin air, a well-chosen pair of nude shoes will create the illusion that your legs are leaner, longer and slimmer as they elongate your pins.
- They are the most versatile shoes in existence: you can pick high-heeled ones, flat, oxfords or strappy roman sandals – since they sport only your natural skin tone they work with any chromatic combinations you desire to wear and blend in all possible environments, from strict corporate and business ones to laidback casual ones.
2. How to Pick the Perfect Nude Shoes?
Nude shoes do come in various shades of nude, so you should be careful when picking the best ones for you.
- Test a few pairs until you get ones that are close to identical or similar to your natural skin tone. The closest the two shades are, the longer and thinner your legs will look. Moreover, making the best match between your skin tone and the shoes’ shade allows you to wear the shoes with any outfit or accessories without the shoes looking different or out of place in the overall attire.
- If you love a nice tan in the summer keep this detail in mind when shopping for nudes – they should match your tanned skin tone, not your natural skin tone in this particular case. Since it is less likely to wear sandals in winter, pick the nude shade that completes and compliments the best your tanned feet.
- Pick a platform heel type of shoes, as they will give you extra height and will work great with both skinny jeans and office power suits.
3. How to Wear Nude Shoes?
Specialists recommend that you get a platform heel with closed toe – they are the epitome of versatility and can be worn in cooler and warmer months, making all your fashion choices easier. If you, however, want more than a pair, you should also consider peep toe shoes or strappy high-heeled sandals for the scorching summer months.
When you mix and match your nudes, everything is allowed. As we said, they work great with all outfits, but here are some more styling tricks.
- They can be worn with cropped pants at the office, adding a dash of sophistication to a rather casual look.
- For a harmonious effect, pair the nude pumps with a metal belt (in a creamy golden hue) over a dress or a camel/creamy slim fit jacket over a tank top for office or casual events.
- If you prefer busy outfits with plenty of patterns, color, textures and fabrics, use the nude shoes to tone down the attire.
- Use the nudes to style up a monochromatic white/ivory/pearly outfit to look lean, slick, tidy and cute in both professional and informal contexts.
Your nude shoes are your best friends when it comes to fashion versatility, flexibility, and sophistication. Nudes are for every woman, no matter her age, personal style, job or social status. Do you own a pair already or are you about to get ones to rock this summer?