If you’re worried that one day you might suffer from hair loss, or have noticed the beginning of thinning hair, you shouldn’t start to panic. Panicking only causes stress, which in turn can actually cause our hair to fall out! There are a few steps you can take to stop your hair from falling out and encourage hair growth, so read on to learn what to do:
Look After Your Hair
Do whatever you can to look after your hair and treat it with care. Here are a few tips:
- Avoid using heat on your hair, and when you must use heat use a protectant spray first.
- Brush or comb your hair gently.
- Try not to backcomb your hair.
- Use high quality shampoos and conditioners that suit your kind of hair.
- Treat your hair to a hair mask once a week.
- Use a hair oil in your washing routine to strengthen your hair and keep it in great condition.
- Try not to pull or stretch the hair when styling.
- Don’t overload your hair with products.
- Use a silk pillow case and tie your hair back carefully before bed to stop roughing your hair up.
Try to De-stress
As mentioned before, stress can actually make our hair fall out and turn it grey if we aren’t careful. Here are a few de-stressing techniques you can try:
- Take deep breaths when you feel under pressure.
- Relax wherever possible by reading a book/magazine or simply having a lie down.
- Don’t overthink things.
- Take each day as it comes.
- Try to keep a positive attitude.
Eat a Healthy, Nutrient/Vitamin Rich Diet
A healthy balanced diet full of nutrients and vitamins is not only good for our hair, but every aspect of our bodies and health too. Protein, Omega 3, healthy fats, carbohydrates, and fruit and veg are all important for a healthy body, mind, and head of hair. Eat bad, fatty, salty, sugary food in moderation.
You can also take supplements said to stop hair loss and encourage growth. There’s a supplement called Biotin that you can find in capsule form, or even in shampoo which is said to help the hair. Have a look on this page where Dr Oz talks about Biotin for hair loss.
Have a Regular Indian Head Massage
Indian head massages are not only lovely and relaxing, they encourage hair growth and thickness by using a variety of oils and massage techniques on the scalp. Ever wondered why Indian women have such fabulous hair? This is it!
Smoking has been linked with hair loss, as well as plenty of other illnesses. Do yourself a favour and quit!
Learn More About Different Hair Conditions
You may be experiencing hair loss for a reason that you can’t control. Research hair conditions and learn more about what you could be suffering from.
I hope that this guide helps you to keep your hair healthy and happy for good! Thanks for reading and please let me know how these techniques worked for you in the comments.