For many people, the opportunity to get their hair cut is not just about a quick trim – it is a step out of a busy day or week. It is a chance to relax, switch off and simply enjoy being pampered. Modern, unique hairdressers in Lichfield offer a hair cutting experience that is more than putting on the cape and taking a seat…
It starts from the moment you walk through the door…
In fact, you could take a step further back than that. A great hairdressing experience starts with the moment you make contact with the salon, whether that’s using the online booking facility that works without a hitch or the conversation you have with the receptionist.
It needs to be sleek and welcoming, professional and friendly. The service should be prompt and with a smile. Just as you would expect turning up at a high class hotel where you will be spending your hard earned money, you should be attended to immediately. Not left loitering by the door wondering when someone will come and ask you why you are there.
And don’t think that just because a salon is busy that is an excuse! Popular, trendy salons will be busy but this should not affect the quality of the service they offer.
The front of house staff and their greeting should be spot on but your stylist should be too. They should be interested in you and what you want; they should listen to you but also make suggestions that may ring the changes for your cut and style.
However, if you do not like their suggestions say so, and do so without the fear of them having tantrum; many people like their hair cut ‘just so’ and are not open to having the latest trend.
The salon ambience
Salons can be busy places. With hairdressers, curling tongs, straighteners, hot water, chemicals and people the temperature can soon go up – and not just in terms of heat but just hoe the whole place feels.
Noise makes people shout; it can make everything seem so much more jerky and disconnected. People walking, slamming things, pushing things… none of this make for a pleasant, relaxing experience. And there is only one thing worse than a mundane hair cutting experience and that is one that feels pressured and zips along at a great rate of knots.
What can contribute to this is the décor too; what does that look like? Dated and peeling? Or fresh and looked after? Not all salons have to be cutting edge trendy, with clear Perspex coffee table and LED lighting – a clean, hygienic yet welcoming décor is just as important. This is essential a personal like and dislike – either you do or you don’t!
You may speak to the receptionist and the stylist but what about the others? Do they all make contact at some point? Are they are all smart and friendly?
Some salons can come across to clients as being so busy that they feel rather lost in the whole scheme of things. The whole place should welcome you!
If you are to be in the salon for a few hours, you may find yourself gasping for a drink but some saloons will offer you one – but charge an extra £2.50 to your bill!
However, the mark of a good salon is when these extras are simply part of the service, form the brides and her party enjoy a glass of champagne as they are pampered and made ready for their big day, to the person enjoy a pamper session as a gift. Or to the busy lady who is having her haircut and enjoying a hot beverage as part of the session.
Looking at reviews of some of the top hair salons across the UK, it seems that customers appreciate many nuances to their visit;
- A genuine, warm welcome and a smile all ranked highly when it came to trying a salon for the first time and for those customers who are regulars.
- For those people opting for a new style they appreciated the gentle honesty with which the stylist and their team asked about their hair and their chosen new style
- What was also important to many customers was the lack of criticism when things had clearly gone wrong with the previous cut and colour…
- The range of magazines for people to read whilst they waited for their appointment or whilst their colour was being applied etc. The magazines need to be recent and appropriate titles for the salon.
- Many people liked the idea of being able to pinpoint hairstyle from a variety of sources to show stylists, making use of online facilities in order to access ideas such as http://www.beautybloggers.org/top-summer-hair-styles-keep-trend-summer/
- Customers also rated the hair washing experience highly, enjoying the head massage and it being unhurried and enjoyable
- The feeling that the team knows that feeling good about their hair, is something that many people enjoy and should enjoy
- And not feeling guilty or a nuisance when the customer asked for something to be changed…